Making a sponge cake is one of the easiest things in the world, and also the funniest, if we add a little marijuana, but always keeping in mind that eating and smoking marijuana have very different effects.
Shall we make a marijuana cake?
Today, I woke up looking forward doing something special in the kitchen, and told myself: “I’m going to prepare something easy and funny” and… Is there anything better than a marijuana sponge cake?… spending very little time in the kitchen, you can enjoy after, for a while, a delicious cannabic candy. ??We recommend decarboxylate the cannabis before cooking, because although during the process of elaboration of the recipe, the marijuana can be decarboxylated, if we do it before we make sure that the decarboxylation is done correctly.
And that is precisely the secret of one of humanity’s oldest desserts, the sponge cake, or “bizcocho”, as it is called in some Spanish-speaking places, has lasted for so many years or, rather, centuries. Yes, yes, yes! I am not stoned yet! I have said well, CENTURIES, because the first data, according to historians and curious gastronomists, the sponge cakes, which evidently were made without marijuana, date back to the tenth century BC.
The sponge cake was one of the soldiers’ staple foods, as this type of food lasted longer. Nowadays the recipe has been simplified so much (although it is still so rich) that it is usually one of the first recipes, or maybe the first recipe that children make.
Space Cake Pro-Tips
Before we get into baking, let’s discuss a few pro-tips that will lead you to stellar success.
- Scrape down your bowl. After each step, be sure to scrape the sides so that all of the ingredients get evenly incorporated.
- Do not over-bake your space cake. If you leave your cake in the oven for too long, it will become a very dry cake and toughen the overall texture.
- Try space muffins instead of space cake. If you don’t have a 9×5 loaf pan or would simply rather have single-serving space muffins, this recipe makes mouthwatering muffins. Just be sure to butter and flour your muffin tins and then bake them for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs is okay).
- Make it your own. This recipe is flavored with vanilla but you can easily swap in whichever flavors you like to make it your own. Try fresh lemon juice or maple syrup or even add in poppy seeds, shredded coconut, nuts, or really whatever your heart desires. This recipe is easily adaptable to your taste and preferences — so get high and get creative with it!
Space Cake Recipe:
Ingredients: (makes about 12 slices)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter/cannabutter (the amount/ratio is up to your desired dosage, just make sure to use 1 cup of butter total)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9×5 inch baking tin or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder then set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or handheld mixer (even a fork will do in a pinch) and cream the butter and cannabutter. Add in the sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down the sides of the bowl and beat a few more seconds.
- Add the eggs in one at a time and mix one at a time until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Next, add the sour cream and vanilla, and mix well. Scrape that bowl down again.
- Add the flour mixture into your wet mixture and stir until combined. Scrape down the bowl one final time and make sure that any lingering butter has been fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into the 9×5 baking tin and smooth out the surface until it looks fairly even. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the center is set and a skewer comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are perfectly normal).
- Allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. This cake can be left on the counter for about 3 days if left in an airtight container. It can also be frozen to devour at a later date. Enjoy!
There you have it! Space cake perfection from the comfort of your home. This cake is great on its own, but feel free to go crazy and top it with frosting, a lemon glaze, or any other fixings. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Tips before eating a marijuana cake
If you are a loyal fan of this blog, you know it for sure: smoking marijuana is not the same as eating it. In the first case you get stoned faster, but its effects last less. On the other hand, if you consume marijuana edibles (intake), the effects take a long time to be noticed (they can take from 30 minutes to 2 hours, it depends on the entire food intake at a time), but the duration of the high is prolonged during more time.
So if you think it does not give you a good high, wait a little longer, because you might get scared later if you are over dosing yourself, eating more marijuana sponge cake than you realize.Start by half or one serving, then, let it act for a while. Also, if you have to work later, to drive your car or, in short, to do something that means keeping all your senses alert, be very careful of when and how much marijuana cake you’ve eaten, since THC dosage, is now running through your veins.
On the other hand, eating marijuana sponge cake may be funny, and even someone could feel like drinking wine or other types of alcohol, but it is not recommended, so I advise to change it for a juice, water, coffee, tea, milk… which, in addition, it suits much more than a glass of wine.Finally, even though I know it may be overdue, you should never make the joke of feeding someone a pot cake if they don’t know it contains it. As a general rule, this should be reported before offering it.