The Focus V Carta is a compact dabbing rig that efficiently turns your concentrates into vapor. The electronic vaporizer is a great way to immigrate from traditional dabbing with a flame torch. Its simple operation and stable temperature make it an excellent vaporizer for amateur dabbers and experienced dabber alike. Moreover, the two included quartz and titanium inserts that allow Carta to vaporize either concentrates and herbs, respectively.
Like the Puffco Peak, the Focus V Carta utilizes a single button to power the device and also cycle between different temperature settings settings. While the Carta is technically designed to be a hybrid vaporizer, compatible with both concentrate and flower, it seems to be better suited for dabbing. The atomizer attachment for flower must be purchased separately and costs $30.
The design of the Focus V Carta is quite simple and can be broken into three main parts. The glass attachment holds the water filtration system, and can easily be attached or removed from the base. Lastly, there’s the atomizer and heating chamber, which is where the dab is placed and heated up.
The Carta vape rig brings dabbing to the next level, the vaporizer from Focus V deserves to stand side to side with the Puffco Peak as contender due to its portable nature. However, its ability to vaporize herbs makes it stands out from other e-rigs; one reason is that it’s a 2-in-1 device that allows you to switch from wax to dry herbs quickly. On the other hand, it comes with two removable batteries.
The Carta has a very minimalist design, containing thick borosilicate glass and gives you space for much-cooler vapor. The device comes with well-sized “air holes” that do not clog easily, which means it does not need that much maintenance. You will be amazed at how easy it is to use the rig, thanks to its one-button operation. Once the desired temperature is reached, the device will vibrate to let you know it’s ready to use.
One cup – two inserts
The Carta was developed primarily for concentrates, and the included quartz insert is perfect for concentrates of all fluidity levels as well as for dry herbs. Although the minimum temperature is 500°F, you may adjust the temperatures for herbal vaporizing through the app. As for the Titanium insert, it provides a slower and even heating for your waxy concentrates. In comparison, the quartz version heats quicker, but the titanium stays hot longer.
Usually, dabbing devices require a lot of power because they need to reach very high temperatures quickly. It is the reason why many e-rigs are connected to the power outlet, leading to a reduction in portability. That is not the case with the Focus V Carta as it runs on two removable 18350 batteries, which increase the portability immensely. You may get two extra batteries and swap it whenever you want or use it while plugged in.
Focus V Carta App
A Bluetooth control provides an extension of functionality to any simple vaporizer, like the Pax 3 or the Firefly2+. The app gives the flexibility to accomplish specific temperature control and provides extra information about the vaporizer or the duration of your sessions. Follow the link to find further information about the Focus V Carta apps.
An efficient concentrate vaporizer requires higher temperatures than regular dry herb vaporizers. Other than that, it also makes cleaning easier as you may put the highest temperature to burn off any residue. The following preset temperature levels focus on concentrate vaporizing:
How Do You Use the Focus V Carta?
Using the Focus V Carta is pretty simple, so simple that the manufacturer was able to squeeze the entire instructional guide onto a small foldable pamphlet that comes in the travel case. Here’s the gist of that step-by-step guide:
- Install the two 18350 batteries into the battery case located at the bottom of the Focus V Carta.
- Before you can use the Focus V Carta, the first step of the process is to charge the device using the USB-C charging cable. The Carta will take roughly two hours to fully charge. Once the device is ready for use, the LED lights will stop flashing.
- Fill the glass attachment with water until the water just about reaches the very top of the percolator. Be careful not to overfill the device with water.
- The next step is to load the bucket inside of the atomizer with your concentrate of choice. Take the dab tool that comes with the device and scoop out a dab. Gently placing it at the bottom of the chamber so that it’s properly vaporized. Alternatively, if you want to take the traditional dab rig approach, you can heat up the device first and then insert the dab while taking a draw from the mouthpiece.
- Turn on the device by clicking it five times and cycle through the preset temperature settings with each subsequent click.
- Once you select the temperature, sit back for about eight to 10 seconds while the atomizer heats up. The lights will flash blue while the Focus V Carta is heating up, and turn green and start vibrating when the temperature is reached, indicating that it’s time to take your dab.
- While inhaling through the mouthpiece, place the attachable carb cap over the chamber to retain heat and maximize the dab.
Keeping Your Focus V Carta Clean
One important detail not included on the starting guide is how to properly clean everything after use. The travel pack comes with a handful of alcohol wipes, but there’s not much information on how to properly clean and maintain the device.
After each dab, the chamber of the Focus V Carta should be given a quick clean after every dab. This can be done using a cotton swab lightly soaked in isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, which should help clear out any leftover concentrate from the most recent session.
For a deep clean, remove the atomizer and soak the rest of the parts in isopropyl alcohol. Instead of letting it air-dry, it’s recommended that users utilize a fan. To clean the glass attachment, you can use the same method as you would to clean a regular glass piece. Remove the glass attachment from the base and submerge it inside of a resealable bag with isopropyl alcohol and coarse sea salt, letting it sit until the leftover residue comes off.
1 thought on “Focus V Carta”
Hello. I’d like to know your honest opinion on the Focus V Carta? They have a pretty nice sale going on where it come out to be a little less than $200 with shipping included, and I’ve really been thinking of getting one.